Today marks the 86th birthday of one of the greatest pop legends of the last century, Elvis Presley. Elvis Presley remains a cultural icon who continues to live on through his music and his diehard fans. Every year on his birthday, 6-7 lakh fans take a pilgrimage trip to Graceland, his resting place and former home spread over 14 acres in South Memphis. Elvis Presley’s popularity can be gauged by the fact that some of his fans continue to dress up in his iconic eagle cape and cherish collecting Elvis Presley memorabilia or collectables.
Elvis Presley is the true epitome of an American dream come true as he came from humble beginnings to become an everlasting pop icon whose popularity continues to soar to this day. Elvis Presley’s Can’t Help falling in love song is all you need to hear to become his fan.
Here are 5 interesting things about Elvis Presley.
• Elvis Presley had an identical twin brother, Jesse Garon, who was stillborn.
• His iconic black hair was dyed , his natural hair colour was brown.
• In 1957, 11 year old Elvis got a chance to perform live on a radio show but he was too shy to perform.
• Elvis gyrating his hips was very popular among his fans but caused outrage all over the US and he was called Elvis the Pelvis.
• Elvis drafted into the US Army after he became famous and served from 1957-1960.
If you are an Elvis Presley fan or you want to gift an Elvis Presley Collectable, here are 5 great options for you.
Elvis Presley Posters
Elvis Presley T-shirts
Elvis Presley Vinyl Records
Elvis Presley Books
Elvis Presley Gifts
Elvis Presley – The Original Rockstar lives on!